There are 11 new IPOs set to debut this week in the market. While it's not the biggest IPO on the list, burger chain Shake Shack (SHAK) is one name investors will be watching.
Full IPO calendar & reports HERE
In order of largest IPO first.
(1) Based in Dallas, Texas, InfraREIT (HIFR) scheduled a $400 million IPO on NYSE with a market capitalization of $1.2 billion at a price range midpoint of $20 for Friday, Jan. 30, 2015.
HIFR is an externally-managed REIT that owns transmission and distribution) T&D assets in Texas.
HIFR owns rate-regulated electric transmission and distribution (T&D) assets in Texas as part of a dividend growth oriented real estate investment trust (REIT).
(2) Based in Philadelphia, PA, Spark Therapeutics (ONCE) scheduled an $88 million IPO on Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $352 million at a price range midpoint of $16 for Friday, Jan. 30, 2015.
ONCE is a leader in the field of gene therapy, seeking to transform the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments.
The goal of gene therapy is to overcome the effects of a malfunctioning, disease-causing gene by delivering a normal, functional copy of the same gene.
(3) Based in Hellerup, Denmark, Ascendis Pharma A/S (ASND) scheduled a $85 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $373 million at a price range midpoint of $17 for Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015.
ASND is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company applying ASND’s TransCon technology to develop a pipeline of long-acting prodrug therapies with best-in-class profiles to address large markets with significant unmet medical needs.
ASND is developing its lead product candidate, TransCon human growth hormone, or TransCon hGH, for once-weekly administration to treat growth hormone deficiency, or GHD, and other indications.
(4) Based in New York, NY, Shake Shack (SHAK) scheduled a $75 million IPO on NYSE with a market capitalization of $533 million at a price range midpoint of $15 for Friday, Jan. 30, 2015.
SHAK is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving a classic American menu of premium burgers, hot dogs, crinkle-cut fries, shakes, frozen custard, beer and wine.
(5) Based in Plymouth, MN, Entellus Medical (ENTL) scheduled a $70 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $279 million at a price range midpoint of $16 for Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015.
ENTL is a medical technology company focused on the design, development and commercialization of products for the minimally invasive treatment of patients in the physician office setting or operating room who are suffering from chronic sinusitis.
ENTL’s XprESS family of products is used by ear, nose and throat, or ENT, physicians to open narrowed or obstructed sinus drainage pathways using balloon sinus dilation to treat patients with symptomatic inflammation of the nasal sinuses.
(6) Based in Redwood City, CA, Avinger (AVGR) scheduled a $60 million IPO on Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $128 million at a price range midpoint of $13 for Friday, Jan. 30, 2015.
AVGR is a commercial-stage medical device company that designs, manufactures and sells image-guided, catheter-based systems that are used by physicians to treat patients with peripheral arterial disease, or PAD.
Patients with PAD have a build-up of plaque in the arteries that supply blood to the arms and legs. AVGR’s mission is to dramatically improve the treatment of vascular disease through the introduction of products based on its lumivascular platform, the only intravascular image-guided system available in this market.
(7) Based in Boston, MA, Flex Pharma (FLKS) scheduled a $60 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $221 million at a price range midpoint of $13 for Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015.
FLKS is a biotechnology company that is developing innovative and proprietary treatments for nocturnal leg cramps and spasms associated with severe neuromuscular conditions.
FLKS’ founders' novel insights regarding neuromuscular physiology form the basis of its development efforts.
(8) Based in Burlington, MA, Infraredx (REDX) scheduled a $56 million IPO on Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $199 million at a price range midpoint of $14 for Friday, Jan. 30, 2015.
REDX is a cardiovascular imaging company advancing the diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease, the world’s leading cause of death according to the World Health Organization.
In 2012, REDX completed a 13-year development effort and began commercializing a U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, cleared optical catheter that utilizes near-infrared spectroscopy, or NIRS, to determine if a patient has cholesterol-rich, lipid core coronary plaques, or LCPs.
(9) Based in Irvine, CA, Presbia PLC (LENS) scheduled a $50 million IPO on Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $160 million at a price range midpoint of $12 for Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015.
LENS is an ophthalmic device company which has developed and is currently marketing a proprietary optical lens implant for treating presbyopia, the age-related loss of the ability to focus on near objects.
LENS’ lens, which it refers to as its microlens, is a miniature lens designed to be surgically implanted in a patient’s eye to improve that patient’s ability to see objects at close distances.
(10) Based in San Diego, CA, Tracon Pharmaceuticals (TCON) scheduled a $156 million IPO on Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $47 million at a price range midpoint of $13 for Friday, Jan. 30, 2015.
TCON is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel targeted therapeutics for cancer, age-related macular degeneration, or AMD, and fibrotic diseases.
TCON is a leader in the field of endoglin biology and are using its expertise to develop antibodies that bind to the endoglin receptor.
(11) Based in Fremont, CA, Zosano Pharma (ZSAN) scheduled a $33 million IPO on Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $114 million at a price range midpoint of $11 for Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015.
ZSAN is a clinical stage specialty pharmaceutical company that has developed a proprietary transdermal microneedle patch system to deliver its proprietary formulations of existing drugs through the skin for the treatment of a variety of indications.
ZSAN focuses on developing specific formulations of approved drugs to be administered by its microneedle patch system, for indications in which rapid onset, ease of use and stability offer significant therapeutic and practical advantages.
DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer