YouTube suspends star over suicide video, doesn't shut door

Associated Press |

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — YouTube has suspended a star who posted video images of what appeared to be a suicide victim but says that doesn't mean it won't work with him in the future.

The video service announced this week it had pulled Logan Paul's channel from its ad-supported Google Preferred platform and put two other projects on hold.



YouTube chief business officer Robert Kyncl (KINK'-uhl) said Saturday there's no timetable for when Paul's future will be addressed again. Kyncl didn't shut YouTube's door on Paul.

Paul has apologized for posting video of him in a forest near Mount Fuji in Japan near what seemed to be a body hanging from a tree. YouTube says the images violated its policies.

Forbes magazine says the internet star earned $12.5 million last year.

DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer

Comments

Emerging Growth

Global Cannabis

Global Cannabis Applications Corp is engaged in the design, acquire data and develop applications for smartphones and tablets. The company offer Citizen Green platform, an end to end infrastructure to…