Viggle Releases Fun Facts about New Year’s Eve

Viggle Inc. - $VGGL |

New York – January 7, 2014 – Viggle (OTCQB: VGGL), the free mobile app that rewards entertainment fans for watching TV and listening to music, released the results of a New Year’s Eve survey today. Conducted before December 31, 2013, the poll’s focus was to better understand how users planned to ring in the New Year, and how TV might fit into those plans.

An overwhelming 62% of Viggle users said they planned to spend New Year’s Eve at home watching TV. On the other side of the spectrum, only 11% said they planned to spend the evening “partying with a lot of fun people.”

In addition, nearly 40% of Viggle users chose Ryan Seacrest, host of Dick Clark’s Primetime New Year’s Rockin’ Eve With Ryan Seacrest, as their favorite New Year’s Eve emcee. Other choices included NBC’s Carson Daly and CNN’s Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin.

How Viggle users said they planned to spend the night:

   - 62% planned to stay in watching TV 

   - 27% planned to celebrate with a small group of friends 

   - 11% planned to go to a big party

 

What Viggle users planned to watch on TV:

   - 39% - Ryan Seacrest on ABC 

   - 32% - Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN 

   - 29% - Carson Daly on NBC

 

Looking at the actual data from New Year’s Eve 2014 for these three shows, Seacrest secured 80% of the Viggle Check-ins while Daly and the always-interesting combination of Cooper/Griffin split the other 20% evenly.

The New Year’s Eve poll was the first of an ongoing series of Viggle Insights that will be generated by Viggle. Viggle Insights will be focused on asking entertainment fans timely and thematic questions around the entertainment that they consume.

About Viggle

Launched in January 2012, Viggle is a free entertainment rewards platform whose app rewards its members for watching their favorite TV shows or discovering new music. Viggle enhances TV with interactive games like Viggle LIVE and the first ever real-time fantasy sports game, MYGUY. Viggle members get rewarded for their TV watching and music listening with real rewards, including electronics, trips, exclusive entertainment experiences, gift cards, and more. Viggle also allows like-minded fans of their favorite shows and artists to connect through Viggle social features. Viggle’s audio verification technology recognizes shows on TV and allows members to check into live and DVR’d TV content from more than 180 of the most popular broadcast and cable channels. For more information, visit www.viggle.com or follow us on Twitter @Viggle.

This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or anticipated. All information provided in this press release is as of January 7, 2014. Except as required by law, Viggle Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.

 
Media Contact for Viggle:

DKC Public Relations

Rachel Carr, 212-981-5253

rachel_carr@dkcnews.com

DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer

Companies

Symbol Name Price Change % Volume
VGGL Viggle Inc n/a n/a n/a 0
AOXYD Advanced Oxygen n/a n/a n/a 0

Comments

Emerging Growth

Reliq Health Technologies Inc.

Moseda Technologies Inc provides mobile and IT cloud computing to increase operational efficiency and security. It develops SmartFleet, a solution designed for commercial use, as well as SmartCare, a mHealth…

Private Markets

Pinterest

Pinterest is a visual discovery and planning tool. Users ("Pinners") use the site and apps to get ideas for their future, such as recipes, places to travel, and products to…

XY Find It

Founded by serial entrepreneur Arie Trouw, XY Findables follows a single guiding principle: customers should never lose anything important again. With over 50,000 users around the world, more than 100,000…