Taiwan Accelerator is the first seed accelerator in Taiwan, organizing cross-border demo days both in Taiwan and in the US. The company - sometimes referred to as the "Y Combinator" of Taiwan - provides promising startups with capital, mentoring, training, professional services, and opportunities to market themselves to global investors and partners. Taiwan Accelerator hosted its first Demo Day in San Jose, California on Tuesday at the offices of the Industrial Technology Research Institute.
As was mentioned in an article last week, the chosen companies have emerged from a highly selective application process and have already undergone months of training from Taiwan Accelerator partners and industry experts. The Demo Days provide company founders an opportunity to meet directly with angel investors, venture capitalists and public companies. After the Demo Days, Taiwan Accelerator matches interested investors with the startups and arrange follow-up meetings, enabling them to finish the angel round financing in the shortest possible time.
The company's first investor roadshow was well attended, and there will be a second Demo Day in New York at Thomson Reuters headquarters tomorrow, Friday, April 21st.
The presenting companies include:
- DaddysRoad - a social platform for automobile owners, connecting people with their vehicles and other users in the community. It also brings excitement and value to driving.
- Gogoout - a car rental platform, having the largest number of locations and vehicle models in Taiwan. Just a few steps to make renting a car as simple as booking a hotel room online.
- KDTech - a leading manufacturer of gyro-stabilized camera gimbal for commercial grade drones (UAV), providing state-of-the-art software and hardware technology integration.
- Mean Yu International - committed to creating a youth hostel hotel chain in Taiwan and Asia. It currently operates on three product lines: star hotel, creativity & art inn, B&B hostel.
- MediU - Asia’s first big-data-driven healthcare commerce platform, providing customers with tailor-made nutritional packages and a new way of pursuing a healthy life.
- ProudPet - Asia’s first pet medical commerce platform, enabling owners to find the most suitable animal hospital and veterinarian quickly and conveniently.
- SistaCloset - Asia’s first model clothing rental platform, giving women access to an unprecedented dressing experience at affordable prices by leveraging the power of the sharing economy.
- TSSE - the world’s leading specialist in biological inducible pesticide substitutes, replacing artificial interference with natural approaches thereby creating a toxic-free food supply chain.
Equities.com is proud to be a supporter of this critically important endeavor, and we salute the inaugural class of Taiwan Accelerator companies.
DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer