Cantech 2017 is being held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre tomorrow, January 18th, 2017. Canada’s largest technology conference boasts a keynote address from former intelligence officer, whistleblower and subject of the Oliver Stone movie, Edward Snowden himself! The event started in 2014 and quickly became known for its gigantic exhibit floor space and its ability to highlight Canadian tech disruptors.
Here are the 2017 FEATURES:
- All new “Tech Track”, featuring demos and presentations of bleeding edge Canadian tech
- 7th Annual Cantech Letter Awards Gala, live from the Ripleys Aquarium of Canada
- 3000 attendees expected
- New contests and giveaways
- One-on-one investor meetings, arranged exclusively by Haywood Securities
- Multiple dinner/mixer opportunities
- Award winners join Cantech in ringing the opening bell at the Toronto Stock Exchange
In addition to Edward Snowden, prestigious speakers include:
- D-Wave System’s Vern Brownwell
- Critical Outcome Technologies’ Alison Silva
- RepliCel Life Sciences’ R. Lee Buckler
- Globe and Mail’s Sean Silicoff
- Axonify’s Carol Leaman
We are extremely excited to hear from D-Wave. We have covered the company extensively here on Equities. D-Wave Systems is the first quantum computing company. The company’s quantum computers are built using a novel type of superconducting processor that uses quantum mechanics to massively accelerate computation. D-Wave’s customers include some of the world’s most prominent organizations, including Lockheed Martin, Google, whose system is hosted at NASA’s Ames Research Center and Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Cantech is a do-not miss for many investors in Canada and Equities will certainly be in the building.