ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., June 13 — The Information Systems Audit and Control Association issued the following news release:
ISACA, a global association serving 115,000 information systems (IS) governance, assurance, risk and security professionals in 180 countries, installed its 2014-2015 Board of Directors today. Steven Babb, CGEIT, CRISC, ITIL, Technology Risk, Compliance and Assurance leader at Vodafone (UK), was elected international vice president of the organization.
Now in its 45th year, ISACA develops international standards, frameworks and guidance to help enterprises optimize the value of their information and systems and ensure that technology is fully integrated with the business. ISACA established the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) designations, and recently announced a new cybersecurity certificate and practitioner certification.
These new credentials are part of ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a comprehensive program to help enterprises address the global cybersecurity skills shortage and help individuals develop their careers. CSX fills a need for a central source where security professionals and their enterprises can find research and guidance, career resources, credentials, education and training, mentoring, and community. ISACA is also the creator of COBIT, the internationally accepted business framework that enables companies to better manage and govern their information and technology.
“I am delighted and honoured to be appointed to the board as international vice president to represent ISACA and its membership base globally,” said Babb. “We live in an increasingly connected and technology enabled world, where ISACA’s relevance and value continue to meet the demands of both professionals and enterprises in gaining business valuedzand balancing riskdzthrough their adoption of information technology.”
Babb began his career with Bass, an international brewer, and has more than 20 years of consulting and assurance experience gained globally in roles at companies including KPMG and Betfair. He is chair of ISACA’s Knowledge Board and a member of the Strategic Advisory Council. He has served as chair of the Framework Committee and the COBIT 5 for Risk Task Force, and as a member of ISACA’s COBIT Market Growth Strategy Task Force and COBIT 5 Task Force.
“Steven has worked tirelessly for ISACA in multiple leadership positions, including most recently as chair of the Framework Committee,” said Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies (USA), who was installed as international president of ISACA today. “He helped develop COBIT into a global business framework that enterprises are relying on to help them govern and manage their information and technology. Steven will bring an important perspective to the board.”
Ten business and IT leaders were selected to serve on the 2014-2015 ISACA Board of Directors:
* International President Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies, USA
* International Vice President Steven Babb, CGEIT, CRISC, ITIL, technology risk management, compliance and assurance leader at Vodafone, UK
* International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, managing consultant at BAE Systems, Australia
* International Vice President Rob Clyde, CISM, CEO of Adaptive Computing, USA
* International Vice President Ramses Gallego, CISM, CGEIT, CCSK, CISSP, SCPM, Six Sigma Black Belt, security strategist and evangelist at Dell Software, Spain
* International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the US House of Representatives, USA
* International Vice President Vittal Raj, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CFE, CIA, CISSP, FCA, partner of M/s. Kumar & Raj and director at Pristine Consulting Private Limited, India
* Director Debbie Lew, CISA, CRISC, executive director within Ernst & Young LLP Advisory practice, USA
* Director Frank Yam, CISA, CCP, CFE, CFSA, CIA, FFA, FHKCS, FHKIoD, FHKITJC, CEO of Focus Strategic Group Inc., Hong Kong
* Director Alexander Zapata Lenis, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, COBIT Certified Assessor, COBIT 5 Implementation, PMP, ISO 22301 Lead Implementer, ITIL, ISO 27001, IT consultant in Latin America, Mexico
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
[Category: Computer Technology]
TNS 30FurigayJane-140614-4767290 30FurigayJane