VANCOUVER, British Columbia, April 13, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lomiko Metals Inc. (LMR:CA) (LMRMF) (FSE:DH8B) ("Lomiko") is a founding shareholder of Graphene Energy Storage Devices ("Graphene ESD") and controls 40% of this R&D company (link). On February 23, 2015, Graphene ESD signed a research agreement with the Research Foundation of Stony Brook University (SBU) (link). Graphene ESD Corp. will partner with the SBU Center for Advanced Sensor Technologies (Sensor CAT) to develop new supercapacitors designs for energy storage. As a result of this new development, Graphene ESD will not seek to raise further funds through an IPO.
In order to better organize the company's assets, Lomiko Metals Inc. will transfer its shares in Graphene ESD to its 100%-owned subsidiary Lomiko Technologies. Lomiko is currently considering various options to launch Lomiko Technologies that would best reward shareholders. The priority is to minimize disruption of the progress, current work and momentum of the two companies.
- Exploration of three High Purity Flake Graphite properties in Quebec.
- Testing of graphite material for suitability to various market applications.
- Development of markets for Graphene 3D Lab products (10.43% ownership by Lomiko) such as Black Magic3D and Nylon 680 Filament.
- Graphene ESD graphene supercapacitor research project with Stony Brook University.
- Lomiko Technology plans to manufacture, market and distribute the licensed LED power converters and USB charging systems for the growing LED lighting and re-charging device markets.
On Behalf of the Board
"A. Paul Gill"
Chief Executive Officer
We seek safe harbor. Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer