TORONTO, ON--(November 30, 2015) - Lingo Media Corporation (LM:CA) (LMDCF) ("Lingo Media" or the "Company"), an EdTech company that is 'Changing the way the world learns English' through innovative online and print-based technologies and solutions announces its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015. The Company reported revenue of $1.2 Million and net comprehensive income of $631,730 or $0.023 per share for the quarter. All figures are reported in Canadian Dollars and are in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards unless otherwise noted.
Michael Kraft, President & CEO of Lingo Media, stated, "Q3-15 is the fourth consecutive profitable quarter for the Company representing revenue growth of 441% and a significant increase in profitability year-over-year for the quarter. It is noteworthy that the revenue and profit in this quarter was almost entirely derived from the rapidly growing digital-learning software division. The legacy text book publishing income is generated throughout the year but is recorded seasonally in Q2 and Q4 as royalty revenues."
Online English Language Learning:
- partnered with Proloux, a subsidiary of the University of Guadalajara, to provide accredited certification for ELL Technologies' software programs
- entered into an agreement with ISA Corporativo for advertising services throughout Mexico's metro stations in exchange for software licenses
- selected by Peruvian Navy to provide software licenses to ELL Technologies' training products
- secured software licensing contracts for ELL Technologies' programs with municipal government in Caldas Department, Colombia
- completed the development of ELL Technologies' Winnie's World in HTML5 for the pre-kindergarten and kindergarten market
- awarded a large government contract with SENA, an organization under the Ministry of Labour of Colombia, to build an expansive library of digital English language learning resources and lessons
Print-Based English Language Learning:
- co-published our 550 millionth unit of PEP Primary English and Starting Line programs with People's Education Press in China
- conducted extensive teacher training initiatives and workshops
Michael Kraft continued, "In line with our sales strategy, we have successfully launched our ELL Technologies' suite of software products into the government, educational institution and corporate markets. While Latin America remains our initial market focus, demand is emerging from other regions. The Company is pursuing strategic partnerships for global distribution as part of its plan as the EdTech market for English language learning continues to grow worldwide."
Financial Highlights for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2015
|Third Quarter Ended September 30||2015||2014|
|Amortization, share-based payments and depreciation||178,163||185,354|
|Finance charges, taxes and foreign exchange||(131,717||)||(56,611||)|
|Net profit / (loss)||694,300||(179,146||)|
|Total comprehensive income / (loss)||$||631,730||$||(255,659||)|
|Earnings per share||$||0.023||$||(0.012||)|
- Revenue for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015 totalled $1,203,201 compared to $222,468 for the same period in 2014, a 441% increase.
- Operating expenses for the quarter ended September 30, 2015 totalled $462,455 as compared to $272,871 for the same period in 2014, due to expanding operating activities and servicing new customers and sales contracts.
- Net profit for the quarter was $694,300 as compared to net loss of $(179,146) for the same period in 2014, as a result of an increase in revenue of $980,733.
- Total comprehensive income for the quarter was $631,730 or $0.023 earnings per share based on 27.4 million shares compared to a total comprehensive loss of $(255,659) or $(0.012) loss per share based on 21.9 million shares for the same period in 2014.
- Income before amortization, share-based payments, depreciation, finance charges and taxes was $740,746 compared to the loss of $(50,403) in 2014.
Financial Highlights for the Nine Month Period Ended September 30, 2015
|Nine Month Period Ended September 30||2015||2014|
|Amortization, share-based payments and depreciation||572,306||467,039|
|Finance charges, taxes and foreign exchange||(26,138||)||15,993|
|Net profit / (loss)||1,898,832||(14,379||)|
|Total comprehensive income||$||1,771,880||$||(236,690||)|
|Earnings per share||$||0.072||$||(0.011||)|
- Revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2015 totalled $3,649,487 compared to $1,336,398 for the same period in 2014, a 173% increase.
- Operating expenses for the nine months ended September 30, 2015 totalled $1,204,487 as compared to $867,745 for the same period in 2014, expanding operating activities and servicing new customers and sales contracts.
- Net profit for the nine months was $1,898,832 as compared to net loss $(14,379) for the same period in 2014, as a result of an increase in revenue of $2,313,089.
- Total comprehensive income for the nine months was $1,771,880 or $0.072 earnings per share based on 24.7 million shares compared to a total comprehensive loss of $(236,690) or $(0.011) loss per share based on 21.8 million shares for the same period in 2014.
- Income before amortization, share-based payments, depreciation, finance charges and taxes was $2,445,000 compared to $468,653 in 2014.
The unaudited interim financial statements for the period ended September 30, 2015 and Management Discussion & Analysis are available at www.sedar.com.
Lingo Media is an EdTech company that is 'Changing the way the world learns English' through the combination of education with technology. The Company provides online and print-based solutions through its two distinct business units: ELL Technologies and Lingo Learning. ELL Technologies is a global English language learning online training and assessment company. Lingo Learning is a print-based publisher of English language learning programs in China. Lingo Media has formed successful relationships with key government and industry organizations, establishing a strong presence in China's education market of more than 300 million students. The Company is extending its global reach, with an initial market expansion into Latin America and continues to expand its product offerings and technology applications.
To learn more, visit us www.lingomedia.com
Portions of this press release may include "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of securities laws. These statements are made in reliance upon Sections 21E and 27A of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, which involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties or other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results, performance, or expectations implied by these forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management's current expectations and involve certain risks and uncertainties. Actual results may vary materially from management's expectations and projections and thus readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Lingo Media has tried to identify these forward-looking statements by using words such as "may," "should," "expect," "hope," "anticipate," "believe," "intend," "plan," "estimate" and similar expressions. Lingo Media's expectations, among other things, are dependent upon general economic conditions, the continued and growth in demand for its products, retention of its key management and operating personnel, its need for and availability of additional capital as well as other uncontrollable or unknown factors. No assurance can be given that the actual results will be consistent with the forward-looking statements. Except as otherwise required by US Federal securities laws, Lingo Media undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, changed circumstances or any other reason. Certain factors that can affect the Company's ability to achieve projected results are described in the Company's filings with the Canadian and United States securities regulators available on www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml.
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE
For further information, contact:
President & CEO
Tel: 416 927 7000 Ext. 23
Toll Free: 866 927 7011
Fax: 416 927 1222
DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer