With English becoming the international language of business, bilingual career professionals are in high demand, particularly in customer service, journalism, marketing, law enforcement, and healthcare. Lingo Media Corporation (TSX-V: LM) (LMDCF), a developer and marketer of English language learning products, has not only captured the attention of the international market with their innovative language software; but the company is making their mark on the stock market, as well.
Lingo Media has been recognized as one of the best performing stocks on the TSX Venture to date. Shares of Lingo soared by over 700% in 2015, closing at $0.83 from a start of $0.11. This past year proved to be a landmark year for the Toronto-based company, securing a number of major contracts including:
- The company’s subsidiary, ELL Technologies Ltd., landing a monumental a multi-million dollar software custom development contract with eDistribution SAS to provide a full library of more than 20,000 lessons, learning objects and digital resources to Colombia's National Learning Service (SENA).
- Selection by the Peruvian Navy to provide software licenses to ELL Technologies’ training products
- Securing software licensing contracts for ELL Technologies’ programs with municipal government in Caldas Department, Colombia.
- Entering into an agreement with ISA Corporativo for advertising services throughout Mexico’s metro stations in exchange for software licenses.
Furthermore, the company reported a number of operational milestones, including:
- Co-publishing their 550 millionth unit of PEP Primary English and Starting Line programs with People’s Education Press in China.
- ELL Technologies releasing the inaugural title of its pre-reader level Kids program, Winnie’s World.
- Partnering with Proloux, a subsidiary of the University of Guadalajara, to provide accredited certification for ELL Technologies’ software programs.
- Announcing their fourth consecutive profitable quarter earlier last month, representing revenue growth of 441% and a profitability increase year-over-year for the third quarter.
“The company is pursuing strategic partnerships for global distribution,” said Michael Kraft, President and CEO of Lingo Media, “as part of its plan as the EdTech market for English language learning continues to grow worldwide."
With such a strong performance in 2015, Lingo Media is positioned to move to the forefront of the Edtech market by 'Changing the way the world learns English'
To learn more about Lingo Media and ELL Technologies, visit www.lingomedia.com.
Disclosure: In the purview of Section 17(B) of the Securities Act of
1933 and in the interest of full disclosure, we call the reader's
attention to the fact that Equities.com, Inc. may be compensated by the
companies profiled in the Spotlight Companies section. The purpose of
these profiles is to provide awareness of these companies to investors
in the micro, small-cap and growth equity community and should not in
any way come across as a recommendation to buy, sell or hold these
securities. Equities.com is not a registered broker, broker dealer,
investment advisor, analyst, investment banker or underwriter. All
profiles are based on information that is available to the public. The
information contained herein should not be considered to be
all-inclusive and is not guaranteed by Equities.com to be free from
misstatement or errors. Readers are reminded to do their own due
diligence when researching any companies mentioned on this website.
DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer