- The 1997 Financial Crisis in Asia didn’t hit the US. The 2008 Financial Crisis in the US didn’t hit Asia
- India’s bad loan crisis started slowly in 2011, really accelerating in 2015
- Provisioning in India has recently been more than 2x higher than most other countries in Asia
- State banks hold 90% of India’s bad loans
- Indian GDP slowed in 3Q16, could continue
DISCLAIMER: This content is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Readers should not consider statements made by the author(s) as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. The author(s) cannot be held liable for any actions taken as a result of reading this article.
(See the original article at Become a Better Investor)