CALGARY, AB–(December 17, 2014) –
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES
Boxxer Gold Corp. (TSX VENTURE: BXX) (OTC PINK: BXXRF) (the “Company“, or “Boxxer“) is pleased to announce that it will complete its previously announced name change (the “Name Change”) from “Boxxer Gold Corp.” to “ExGen Resources Inc.” on Thursday, December 18, 2014. The Name Change was approved by the shareholders of the Company at the annual and special meeting held on Wednesday, December 10, 2014. The common shares of the Company will commence trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the new name at the opening of trading on Thursday, December 18, 2014 under the new stock symbol “EXG.”
Management of the Company believes that ExGen Resources, which is derived from, “Exploration Generator,” is a better reflection of the Company’s current operations and focus on the joint venture model to secure additional partners across its portfolio of copper projects.
Mr. Riley, Boxxer’s CEO stated, “I would like to thank all of our long term shareholders that have supported the Company through these challenging markets. It is always important to focus on the fundamentals of a business and critically so during market dislocations as we have been experiencing in the junior resource space. That is just what we have been doing at Boxxer and I believe we have achieved a number of significant milestones over the past 12 months. This progress could not have been realized without the tireless efforts of our directors and officers, many of whom have agreed to forego their annual cash compensation for 2014. This sacrifice should not go unnoticed as it is of great benefit to all of us shareholders.”
12 Month Corporate Milestone Highlights:
- Raised over $1.2M and much of that at a premium to our then trading price
- Significantly reduced overhead and burn rate
- Repositioned the Company with a new corporate strategy of pursuing joint venture partners for our projects
- Closed our first option to joint venture deal on the DOK project: $6.2M all-in spend and obligations
- Nearly $1M drill program on DOK that was 100% partner funded
- First two drill holes on DOK confirmed a porphyry discovery
Renegotiated the payment schedules for all of our projects
• Including restructuring over $1.1M in payments for Empire and reducing the DOK spend requirement by $2M
- Acquired 10% working interest and the sliding scale royalty in Gordon Lake from Katalyst, consolidating Boxxer’s ownership in Gordon Lake to 100% with no royalties
About Boxxer Gold Corp.
Boxxer is a Canadian junior resource company involved in the exploration for large poly metallic copper deposits in North America. Boxxer’s active projects include the Boss and Buena Vista copper projects in the state of Nevada, the Empire copper-gold-silver property in Idaho, the DOK copper-gold porphyry property in Northwest B.C., and the East Breccia copper-silver-molybdenum property in Ontario. Boxxer also has the Gordon Lake gold project located 110 kilometres north of Yellowknife NWT, Canada.
DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer