The week of October 13, 2014 is expected to feature seven new IPOs, raising an expected total of $1.7 million for the market.
A full IPO calendar can be found HERE. The following is a list of the companies debuting, in order of largest IPO first.
(1) Based in Boulder, CO, ZAYO Group Holdings (ZAYO) scheduled a $650 million IPO on the NYSE with a market capitalization of $5.3 billion at a price range midpoint of $22.50 for Friday, Oct. 17, 2014.
ZAYO provides fiber networks and datacenter facilities.
(2) Based in Sioux Falls, SD, Great Western Bancorp (GWB) scheduled a $360 million IPO on the NYSE with a market capitalization of $1.3 billion at a price range midpoint of $22.50 for Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014.
GWB is a full-service regional bank holding company focused on relationship-based business and agribusiness banking.
(3) Based in Richmond, VA, Dominion Midstream Partners, LP (DM) scheduled a $350 million IPO on the NYSE with a market capitalization of $1.7 billion at a price range midpoint of $20 for Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014.
DM initially owns all of the outstanding preferred equity interests in Dominion Cove Point LNG, LP, a Delaware limited partnership (“Cove Point”), which owns liquefied natural gas (“LNG”) import, storage, regasification and transportation assets.
(4) Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, Forward Pharma A/S (FWP) scheduled a $200 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $941 million at a price range midpoint of $21 for Wednesday, October 15, 2014.
FWP is initiating a Phase 3 clinical trial for multiple sclerosis.FWP believes that its key competitor in the DMF space is Biogen. Biogen's Tecfidera® was approved by the FDA for the treatment of RRMS on March 27, 2103.
Tecfidera® generated global sales of $2.08 billion from launch in April 2013 through June 30, 2014.
(5) Based in Brisbane, CA, Atara Biotherapeutics (ATRA) scheduled a $75 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $291 million at a price range midpoint of $15 for Thursday, Oct. 16, 2014.
ATRA is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel therapeutics for serious unmet medical needs, with an initial focus on muscle wasting conditions and oncology. ATRA tried to IPO in July, 2014.
(6) Based in Menlo Park, CA, Virobay (VBAY) scheduled a $50 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $169 million at a price range midpoint of $13 for Thursday, Oct. 16, 2014.
VBAY a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company utilizing its cysteine cathepsin platform for the development and commercialization of novel drugs.
(7) Based in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada,Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) scheduled a $44 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $149 million at a price range midpoint of $12 for Friday, Oct. 17, 2014.
XENE is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing a pipeline of differentiated therapeutics for orphan indications. Collaboration partners include Teva (TEVA), a Genetech affiliate and Merck (MRK).
DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer