Full IPO calendar & reports HERE, including the $20 billion Alibaba (BABA) IPO.
In order of largest IPO first.
(1) Based in Hong Kong, China, Alibaba (BABA) filed for a $20.2 billion IPOs Friday, September 5, 2014, with a market cap of $155 billion, at a price range mid-point of $63. BABA is scheduled to IPO Friday, September 19, 2014.
BABA is the largest online and mobile commerce company in the world in terms of gross merchandise volume in 2013, according to the IDC GMV (Gross Merchandise Value) Report. BABA accounts for about 80 percent of all online retail sales in China.
(2) Based in Boston, MA, Civitas Solutions (CIVI) scheduled a $251 million IPO on the NYSE with a market capitalization of $794 million at a price range midpoint of $21.50 for Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014.
CIVI is the leading national provider of home- and community-based health and human services to must-serve individuals with intellectual, developmental, physical or behavioral disabilities and other special needs.
(3) Based in Cambridge, MA, Tokai Pharmaceuticals (TKAI) scheduled a $76 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $291 million at a price range midpoint of $14 for Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014.
TKAI is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel proprietary therapies for the treatment of prostate cancer and other hormonally-driven diseases.
In clinical trials patients showed clinically meaningful PSA reductions of at least 50%.
(4) Based in Boston, MA, ProQR Therapeutics B.V. (PRQR) scheduled a $76 million IPO on Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $294 million at a price range midpoint of $12 for Thursday, September 18, 2014.
PRQR is an innovative biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of RNA-based therapeutics for the treatment of severe genetic disorders, including a disease modifying therapy for the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
PRQR has had positive preclinical results and plans to file in Q4 2014an IND (investigational new drug) with the FDA.
(5) Based in Rehovot, Israel, Foamix Ltd. (FOMX) scheduled a $65 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $234 million at a price range midpoint of $11 for Thursday, Sept. 18, 2014.
FOMX is a clinical-stage specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing its proprietary minocycline foam for the treatment of acne, impetigo and other skin conditions.
Based on clinical trials, FOMX believes that FMX101 has the potential to become the new standard of care for the moderate-to-severe acne market.
(6) Based in San Diego, CA, Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) scheduled a $55 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $167 million at a price range midpoint of $11 for Thursday, Sept. 18, 2014.
VKTX is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel, first-in-class or best-in-class therapies for metabolic and endocrine disorders.
Clinical trials have shown that VK0612 is safe, well-tolerated and leads to significant glucose-lowering effects in patients with type 2 diabetes.
(7) Based in Framingham, MA, rEVO Biologics (RBIO) scheduled a $50 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $258 million at a price range midpoint of $14 for Wednesday, September 17, 2014.
RBIO is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of specialty therapeutics to address unmet medical needs in patients with rare, life-threatening conditions.
RBIO’s commercial product ATryn, the first and only approved recombinant human antithrombin, has been marketed in the United States since 2009 for the prevention of blood clots during or after surgery or childbirth in patients with a rare clotting disorder known as hereditary antithrombin deficiency, or HD AT.
RBIO believes the market can be much larger if it can expand ATryn’s FDA-approved label to include additional indications such as the management of preeclampsia.