The full IPO calendar from IPOpremium.com is here.
Ranked in order of largest first, the six IPOs are:
(1) Based in Denver, CO, Intrawest Resort Holdings ($SNOW) scheduled a $250 million IPO on the NYSE with a market capitalization of $729 million at a price range midpoint of $16 for Friday, January 31, 2014.
SNOW owns interests in seven mountain resorts, runs a adventure helicopter skiing business and also runs a real estate business with 1,150 acres available for real estate development.
(2) Based in Aliso Viejo, CA, The New Home Company ($NWHM) scheduled a $125 million IPO on the NYSE with a market capitalization of $265 million at a price range midpoint of $16 for Friday, January 31, 2014.
NWHM is a homebuilder that builds for its own account and is also a contract/joint venture builder for other developers.
(3) Based in Loudon, TN, Malibu Boats ($MBUU) scheduled a $100 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $314 million at a price range midpoint of $14 for Friday, January 31, 2014.
MBUU is the number one company in the performance boat category. That category was much larger in the 2001 – 2006 time frame.
(4) Based in Novato, CA, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical ($RARE) scheduled a $75 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $436 million at a price range midpoint of $15.50 for Friday, January 31, 2014.
A biopharmaceutical company, RARE focuses on diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
Since its inception in 2010, RARE has in-licensed potential treatments for five different diseases that are or it expects will be in Phase 1/2 or Phase 2 clinical studies by early 2014.
(5) Based in Shelton, CT, Cara Therapeutics ($CARA) scheduled a $60 million IPO on the Nasdaq with a market capitalization of $262 million at a price range midpoint of $12 for Friday, January 31, 2014.
CARAis a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing new chemical entities designed to alleviate pain by selectively targeting kappa opioid receptors.
CARA’s most advanced product candidate, intravenous, or I.V., CR845, has demonstrated significant pain relief and favorable tolerability in three Phase 2 clinical trials in patients with acute postoperative pain.
(6) Based in Watertown, MA, Dicerna Pharmaceuticals ($DRNA) scheduled a $60 million IPO with a market capitalization of $188 million on the Nasdaq at a price range midpoint of $12 for Thursday January 30, 2014.
DRNA is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative treatments for rare inherited diseases involving the liver and for cancers that are genetically defined. DRNA is using its RNA interference (RNAi) technology platform to build a broad pipeline in these therapeutic areas.
In oncology, DRNA is currently directing its development efforts toward its proprietary product candidate DCR-M1711 for the treatment of MYC-related cancers, including hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), which DRNA believes represents 85 to 90 percent of primary liver cancer. DRNA intends to begin clinical trials of DCR-M1711 in the first half of 2014.
DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors, and do not represent the views of equities.com. Readers should not consider statements made by the author as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://www.equities.com/disclaimer